Wednesday 17 October 2012

Yinka Ayefele cries out over plan to demolish his Nmillion house


The Oyo state government is planning to demolish the multi million naira music house - The Yinka Ayefele Music House, belonging to Tungba music creator, Yinka Ayefele, which is situated along Falana Rd in Ibadan . 
The state government said last week that the building is being considered for demolition because its on the right-of-way for the planned 8-lane road expansion in Ibadan. 
Reacting publicly for the first time since he got the news, Ayefele told Gbenga Shaba of Yes! Magazine that the planned demolition is a test of his faith.
"I know it's a test of my faith and it will soon pass. I observed the stipulated distance range for the building, but no one knew that the area would soon attract an 8-lane way, which will mean more lands have to give way for the expansion. I know I'm not the only one this will affect. there are hundreds of good people of Oyo state who derive their daily meals from different activities that are carried out in the building. I know the governor of Oyo state will now allow injustice to be carried out. I know he has a good heart and if the house is demolished, I hope I will be duely compensated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...